Floating on the Surface with Marguerite Beneke – May 7-9
May 7, 2020 - May 9, 2020960.50$
Join Glass eMotions in welcoming back South African Fused Glass Master Artist in this hands-on 3-day seminar/workshop students will learn to create contemporary kiln worked pieces using float glass and enamels. We are so pleased to provide this exclusive event.
Topics covered include:
- using imagery, surface textures and other art mediums as inspiration for creating abstract work,
- how to mix and apply enamel,
- layering enamel using unusual techniques,
- adding textures on the surface of the glass using different materials like float compatible frits, copper wire
- build-up techniques using pieces of clear and/or enameled float glass.
Students will complete several pieces to create a collage of the different techniques covered in the workshop.
Mounting and display ideas will also be discussed for finished pieces.
Basic glass and kiln work experience is required.
All materials required to complete a collage of different techniques.
Lunch will be provided all three days.