Floating on the Surface – Marguerite Beneke – 3 Sessions – October 13 – 25, 2020
October 13, 2020 @ 8:00 am - October 25, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Join Glass eMotions in welcoming back South African Fused Glass Master Artist in this hands-on 3-day seminar/workshop students will learn to create contemporary kiln worked pieces using float glass and enamels. We are so pleased to provide this exclusive event.
Topics covered include:
- using imagery, surface textures and other art mediums as inspiration for creating abstract work,
- how to mix and apply enamel,
- layering enamel using unusual techniques,
- adding textures on the surface of the glass using different materials like float compatible frits, copper wire
- build-up techniques using pieces of clear and/or enameled float glass.
Students will complete several pieces to create a collage of the different techniques covered in the workshop.
Mounting and display ideas will also be discussed for finished pieces.
Basic glass and kiln work experience is required.
All materials required to complete a collage of different techniques.
Lunch will be provided all three days.
Choose one of the dates below to pre-register.
25% deposit will be requested in May 2020, with full tuition being paid by August 13, 2020.
Cancellation for Marguerite is:
25% non-refundable deposit 6 months before workshop
Paid in full 60 days before workshop.
I will offer a refund (less 10% admin fee) for the 75% if I can fill your spot.