*** SOLD-OUT *** Floating on the Surface – Marguerite Beneke – August 23, 24, 25, 2019
August 23 - August 25850$
Inspiration – Abstraction – Texture
Join Glass eMotions in welcoming South African Fused Glass Master Artist in this hands-on 3-day seminar/workshop students will learn to create contemporary kiln worked pieces using float glass and enamels. This is Marguerite’s first workshop in North America and we are so pleased to provide this exclusive event.
Topics covered include:
- using imagery, surface textures and other art mediums as inspiration for creating abstract work,
- how to mix and apply enamel,
- layering enamel using unusual techniques,
- adding textures on the surface of the glass using different materials like float compatible frits, copper wire
- build-up techniques using pieces of clear and/or enameled float glass.
Students will complete several pieces to create a collage of the different techniques covered in the workshop.
Mounting and display ideas will also be discussed for finished pieces.
Basic glass and kiln work experience is required.
All materials required to complete a collage of different techniques.
Lunch will be provided all three days.