As you know, the Pandemic is still impacting travel and will likely continue through the summer. We will be cancelling the workshop in June.
In discussions with Marguerite, and with the understanding that she will be launching a new Video Tutorial on her famous Abstract technique in glass using Rogue/Dove enamels, we are going to proceed with a much different format of a workshop. It is our hope that Marguerite will be able to travel from South Africa to Canada in June 2022.
But wait … this is not going to be just any workshop. It is going to be an exclusive 5-day Masterclass with Marguerite. Space will be limited to ensure that each and every one of you are able to get personal attention from Marguerite.
Pre-Registration will be accepted now with no payment required. A 50% deposit will be required 3 months prior to the scheduled dates. An email will be sent to you at that time.
So what is it all about?
These workshops are for those who have mastered the basics and wish to move onto new levels. The course provides an invaluable opportunity for enhancing your creativity, personal insight, exploration and growth, self-reflection as well as learning through group interaction.
Starting each day with multiple, small “warm-up painting exercises”. Marguerite’s positive approach towards the act of painting will inspire you to loosen up, have fun again and paint more! Expect an intense, concentrated and lively workshop where you will create many works of art using spontaneity for maximum effect.
During the course, you’ll learn how to seek out subjects that thrill, move and excite you.
- On our first day we will go back to basics focusing on basics of flow and backgrounds for our finished pieces. Whether you are learning for the first time or refreshing your skills, this will be a fun and explorative start to the course.
- On our second day in the morning, it’s time to venture out into the beautiful areas in and surrounding Ottawa (weather permitting). You will learn to observe what’s around you, people, food and buildings. Throughout the morning you will be creating a journal and personal storyboard of the area.
- In the afternoon, returning to the studio for lunch, we will continue to build on the power of observation. Starting with a review of your storyboards creating your personal palette, markmaking, etc.
DAY THREE AND FOUR
- We’ll develop more skills, focused on creating a series of abstract works.
- Reviewing Colour and Design theory.
DAY FOUR – An Evening Reception at the Glass eMotions studio.
- On our last day together, starting with a Champagne Breakfast, we will focus on translating larger designs into jewelry – to be fired before end of day.
- We will use the time to discuss, critique and explore your creations.
The plan is always to help you reach your potential, painting YOUR way, with YOUR voice and vision, but better than ever before. Come be encouraged and inspired in a fun, upbeat atmosphere and go home ready to create your best work yet.
NB: Please note that the schedule is subject to change depending on the group of students and their needs as well as weather circumstances.
The cost of this exclusive 5-day Masterclass with Marguerite will be $2821 CAD ~ $2220 USD.
- You will receive a full-size Marguerite set of enamels with 18 oz medium for use during the workshop (with silicone mat and 20 plastic mixing cups)
- You will receive a basic set of brushes – you are encouraged to bring your own favourites.
- Sketch book
- All-day refreshments
- Morning snacks
- Catered lunch each day
- Evening reception on Day 4
- Champagne breakfast on Day 5
- All materials for each day’s projects (2-3 pieces up to 6” x 9”) as well as your final finished piece (up to 16 x 20)
Additional outings may be planned with Marguerite where you have the option of attending. You will be responsible for any outing costs.
Space is limited to 10 participants.
Tentative Date: June 6-10, and June 15-19